Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ruins in Detroit

Read a little bit about and look at the historic ruins in Detroit.

I couldn't resist posting this, I found these photographs quite breathtaking. First of all, they are mesmerizing, since I love old buildings, but secondly, they make me very sad. Detroit was a booming city in the early 20th century, now this fantastic city is falling apart. Personally, I am interested because I come from Michigan and my grandmother grew up in Detroit at the time that it was at its best. I wish I knew more about her youth in the city!

Do you know of any areas in Germany or your home country like this?
Do some research on Detroit and tell me about its good times and its bad times. What caused the shift?

Send us your answers to tutor@virtualingua.de! You'll get an answer with corrections from a live tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment